Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Here is to the brutally honest mama moments! For more details as how you can join in on all of the fun, or at least read other mama's Not Me! Monday stories, click on MckMama's blog!

Since it has been a few weeks since I have last posted a Not Me! Monday I will try to remember the best stories over the last couple weeks (but that may be difficult, since I cannot remember a dog-on thing during these pregnancy days)!

While at the beach with Chris, Kristen, Mike, & Koren (our friends from Jacksonville that met us in Hilton Head for a few days) Eli most certainly did not get sand in his eyes, which led to a little bath (for both of us) in the bathroom sink (mind you it was a itty bitty trickle of water and he was screaming bloody murder) just off the beach, which lead to me realizing he had poop running down his leg, so i walked all the way back to the car to realize that Chris had the keys, so i walked all the way back to the beach and got them, walked all the way back to the car and realized the wipes fell out sometime during this chaos, so i walked all the way back to the beach and most certainly asked Chris (who didn't have them) where the wipes were in the most loving tone of voice. Oh and I proceed to walk all the way back to the car and finally cleaned up the stinky mess I toted with me on every leg of the trip! This process took a good 20 min... and I was in no way frustrated by the end of it, nope NOT ME!
(pre poop/ sand/ frustration picture!)


I have NOT allowed Eli to help unload the dishwasher... because what if a dish broke! Nope, NOT ME!

I have NOT found my sweet little man climbing on EVERYTHING these days... and definitely not storage boxes higher than my big ol' belly, nope that was NOT in this house!

Eli did not run a million errands the other day with me in only a long sleeved t-shirt while it was a bit chilly, because I am the mom and I make the rules, and I would NOT have given into my son's desperate desire to NOT wear pants! Nope, that was NOT ME at Target, Home Depot, Kroger, Palmetto Citizens, or Barnes & Nobel!


I did NOT take one side off of Eli's crib so that I can very soon take it down and put him in a big boy bed, just so that it is easier for me to put him down. Nope, my belly is not SOO BIG that I cannot lay Eli down gently, of course NOT ME!

The other day while bathing our chocolate lab, Blair, Eli most certainly did NOT desperately want to get into the tub with her and I most certainly did NOT allow him to do so, nope NOT ME! So this next picture is just a figment of your creative imagination! Don't worry I use baby shampoo on our dogs, so no worries about soap in Eli's eyes!

1 comments:

Cathy said...

That last picture is priceless! I do not let my daughter help me unload the dishwasher either! Happy Monday!