Saturday, April 18, 2009

Contractions+ Dilation = Bed Rest!

on friday i went for my normally scheduled dr apt. since i have had contractions for weeks now they have been checking my cervix at each appointment to make sure nothing has changed... however, this time was different. i have already dilated to 1 cm and i am 80% effaced with a short cervix. i am on the strongest dose of medicine to stop my contractions and i am on bed rest until this sweet baby's arrival, which could be any day. i go back to the dr on mon to be recheck and to possibly take further action, such as steroid shots to help develop the baby's lungs quickly.

please continue to pray for us:
for Pumpkin to hang on a little longer in order to grow bigger and stronger
for Eli as he does not understand why mama cant do all of the fun stuff we used to do... like play outside and go on long walks.
for myself as i have been an on an emotional roller-coaster since finding out that my baby might come before its big and strong, complications, long hospital stays and being pulled between my two babies has me scared to death.
for chris as he just sprained his ankle today amidst the chaos.

1 comments:

a&p said...

wow, keely, i'm so sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time. i wish you grace and strength to deal with all of this. and if you're looking for some good books to read during this time of rest, let me know. i'd be happy to make some recommendations.